- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened chocolate almond milk (or soy, coconut, or rice milk)
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans, rinsed under water
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- Pour the almond milk into a blender jar.
- Add the black beans, banana, and honey and blend on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the cocoa powder, instant coffee (if using), and vanilla, then the ice cubes, and then the spinach.
- Blend on high until smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Drink immediately.
- Snacks, Kids
- 2 smoothies