Whip up some sweet and healthy mini muffins that are perfect for afternoon snacking. Your child will love getting in the kitchen and helping to make these adorable mini muffins, getting them excited about trying new things and learning culinary skills. Along with filling oats and tangy yogurt, these muffins also have pops of chocolaty goodness, making them your tot's new favorite treat.
Keep reading for the simple and sweet directions.
- 1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup oats
1 1/4 cup flour
Dash of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 12-ounce bag chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Invite your child to help measure and add the yogurt, sugar, and oil into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Give the ingredients a stir to incorporate.
- Crack the egg and add to the batter. When working with raw eggs, encourage your child to stay away from tasting the uncooked ingredients and always wash hands when finished stirring. Your child can add the vanilla and salt, and then stir.
- Now measure and add the flour and oats and mix together. Sprinkle in the baking soda and powder, along with the chocolate chips, and stir until the chocolate chips are incorporated.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tray and then invite your tot to scoop a spoonful of the batter into each tin and then place in the hot oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes before removing from the tin.
Makes three dozen mini muffins.