Congratulations to the Circle of Moms Cookbook's first Food Challenge winner, Amanda Hardin of High Heels to Hot Wheels! Her imaginative chocolate covered cherry waffle sticks are a deliciously easy treat to make and enjoy with your family.
Keep reading for the delicious recipe!
This two-bite, no forks required sweet is perfect for baby showers and birthday parties. It's a new take on the traditional breakfast waffle, but made sweet and festive with cherries, a dip into melted milk chocolate, and a shower of sprinkles.
- 3 cups Krusteez Belgian Waffle Mix
- 10 1/2 oz cherry pie filling
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz melted milk chocolate chips
- 12 striped straws or other stick
- Assorted sprinkles (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine waffle mix, cherry pie filling, water and eggs. Whisk until blended.
- Heat a waffle iron until ready. Pour mixture into maker to cover one side of iron and cook until ready. This batter will make 3-4 waffles. Cut waffle into fourths and cut each fourth into long pieces. You should get 2 pieces per fourth.
- Melt chocolate over low heat on stove in a small saucepan. Cut each straw in half. Dip cut end into chocolate and insert into bottom of waffle piece. Dip top of one side of the waffle piece into chocolate. Add sprinkles if desired. Place on a plate and place in freezer to harden chocolate about 5 minutes.