Focus on Family
Corralling the clan is more easily said than done when you look at everyone's calendars so be realistic.
- Choose one day or night a week for a fun activity or outing.
- Look for loopholes in the daily routine to reconnect with each family member. Play a game with your son on the ride to school and turn dinnertime into a talent show by allowing each child to perform once they've finished their entree.
- Surprise your child by taking a vacation day to chaperone a field trip, do yard duty, or plan a fun playdate with their friends.
- Instead of pestering your kids to stop texting, use the habit as a means of communication and engage them by showing interest in their hobbies.
- Make spontaneous mini dates with your spouse. Rent a movie, grab a bite to eat after work, or wake up early and hop in the shower together.