Reading to your children is more than a pleasant way to pass time, it opens up their lil minds by transporting them into the pages of the text.
Barefoot Books takes that notion a step further truly celebrating the beauty of our world in their must reads. The page turners focus on the environment, cultural diversity, creativity, and human harmony. So this month, sit down with your darlings and devour some good books.
- Port Side Pirates ($17). Written by Oscar Seaworthy and illustrated by Debbie Harter, this sing-along read-along sets you and a mini mate out to sea. And, includes the infamous history of notable pirates and an explanation of the ships they sailed.
- One City, Two Brothers ($17). Written by Chris Smith and illustrated by Aurélia Fronty, it is the tale of two brothers who put each other first. And, it includes the history of Jerusalem.
- Herb, The Vegetarian Dragon ($8). Written by Jules Bass and illustrated by Debbie Harter, this is the story of a friendly dragon who is out-casted for his herbivore ways, but teaches his carnivore counterparts a valuable lesson.
- Motherbridge of Love ($17). Written by Xinran and illustrated by Josée Masse, explains how two mothers — a birth mama and an adoptive mum — can fulfill a child.
- Listen, Listen ($17). Written by Phillis Gershator and illustrated by Alison Jay, this sweet trip through the seasons uses sound as a guide.