- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
- 2 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh or 1 tsp dried thyme (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 chicken bullion cube dissolved in 1 tbp boiling water
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- flour for coating
- vegetable oil for frying
Using your hands, squeeze out a little excess liquid from the grated apple.
Mix the grated apple with the chicken, onion, parsley, thyme leaves (if using), breadcrumbs and the dissolved chicken stock cube and roughly chop in a food processor for a few seconds. Season with a little salt and pepper.
With your hands, form the mixture into about 20 balls, roll in flour and fry in shallow oil until lightly golden and cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Poultry, Main Dishes