Get it while it's hot...or not! Tomorrow is April Fool's Day so trick your children when they sit down to breakfast with a sweet alternative to the normal ol' bacon and eggs. Our friends at Family Fun have some amazing prank food recipes including this one for Fakin' and Eggs that swaps out the breakfast staples with candy shaped like them! Made from just four ingredients purchased in the candy and baking aisles, the kid-friendly meal can be whipped up (or rather pressed) in no time! What prank will you pull on your youngsters?
To get the tricky breakfast recipe,
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 12 yellow M&MS
- 1 square caramel
- 1 Tootsie Roll Midgee
FOR THE EGGS:
3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
12 yellow M&MS
FOR THE FAKIN':
1 square caramel
1 Tootsie Roll Midgee
1. For the eggs: Melt the white chocolate chips according to the package directions. Transfer the melted chocolate to a ziplock bag and snip off a corner.
2. Squeeze nickel-size portions of the chocolate onto a sheet of waxed paper, then gently press a yellow M&M, letter side down, into the center of each. Let the candies cool. Makes 12 eggs.
3. For the fakin': Remove the wrapping from a square caramel and a Tootsie Roll Midgee. Microwave the candies for 4 seconds to make them soft. Use your thumb and forefinger to slightly flatten each candy piece, then press them together.
4. Halve the candy, then stack and press the pieces into alternating layers.
5. Slice a 1/4-inch-wide piece from the stack. Pinch and stretch the piece lengthwise into a flat bacon strip, then cut it in half. Add ripples to each half by gently bending the edges. Makes 3 strips (6 pieces).