Go green! St. Patrick's Day is fast approaching, so get lucky in the kitchen with your kids! The Irish holiday may conjure up memories of soda bread or corned beef, but hold the Guinness because we're using the green theme to get our lads and lasses to eat their veggies. Here are a few recipes that will kick off the celebration!
- Set your child's taste buds out to the Celtic Sea by baking up some cheesy zucchini boats that only require two ingredients.
- Crispy green beans are a quick and nutritious hunger fix that lil ones can nosh on hot or cold.
- Pass on the potatoes and toast up kale chips so kiddos can get their crunch and munch on.
- Toss the traditional boiled cabbage to the side and serve up well-seasoned shredded Brussels sprouts at dinner.
- Channel Popeye by pureeing spinach into pesto and pouring it over your youngster's favorite protein or pasta.