When the books on your lil one's shelf become tattered and worn, you know it is time to broaden your horizons with some new tomes for your library. In the latest edition of her Goop, Gwyneth Paltrow seeks out children's book recommendations from friends, authors, and librarians, while spilling the beans on her own tots' favorite reads. Apple, 5, and Moses, 4 (today), appear to have an affinity for Dr. Seuss' classic tales, as well as some David A. and Noelle Carter pop-up books and a fun little book of craft ideas written by Todd Oldham, the popular interior decorator.
Check out Apple and Moses' favorite books below, and see what fellow celeb mama Julianne Moore recommends when you
Julianne Moore: "But the most important aspect for me is that they all share a child’s perspective, rather than an adult one. So here is just a teeny tiny sampling of the books that they and I have enjoyed."
- Good Night Gorilla by Peggy Rathman
- Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Williems
- Knuffle Bunny by Mo Williems
- Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes
- Meet My Staff by Patrica Marx
- Hang Tough Paul Mather by Alfred Slote
- Junie B. Jones by Barbara Park
- Ann Likes Red by Dorothy Z. Seymour
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- Brundibar by Maurice Sendak and Tony Kushner