You can fill these with anything from peanut butter to chocolate chips, but we think strawberry jam is the best.
- 1 16.5-ounce tube Pillsbury sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup flour plus extra for dusting your work surface
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375˚F.
- Place the cookie dough in a mixing bowl and add the flour, which gives the dough a bit more flexibility when rolling. Dust your work area with flour, and then slowly roll out the cookie dough until it's around 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a heart cookie cutter to create the base and top for the hand pies, gently lifting the bases and placing them on a parchment-covered sheet pan. Remember, the cookies will spread, so leave at least an inch of space between the hand pies.
- Place a teaspoon of jam over the base, and then top with another heart. Use a fork to press around the edges of the hand pie.
- Poke a few holes in the top of the cookie using a fork, or cut out a mini heart or X using a sharp knife.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, then let cool. Dust the finished hand pies with powdered sugar, and give to the ones you love.
- We had 24 finished pies (after tasting a few) to share with loved ones.
- Desserts, Pies/Tarts
- 24 hand pies