There's nothing worse than a cranky tot who can't fall asleep because he's so congested he can't breathe! As temperatures drop and fallen leaves blanket the sidewalks, mamas start to prepare for runny noses, nasty coughs, and sky-high fevers. Check out these five must-have items to help your kiddo — and mom! — survive the cold and flu season.
- Kidsline Ultrasonic Cool Mist Monkey Humidifier ($40): Help baby breathe better during naptime or bedtime with a humidifier. This monkey-shaped mist spout makes the contraption less scary for tots!
- Graco Nasal Clear Nasal Aspirator ($20): You'll render your little one's nose "boogie-free" in a matter of seconds with this gadget, and that's pretty awesome — because mamas know that using a standard nasal aspirator is a two-person job.
- Ayr Baby's Saline Nose Spray/Drops ($3): Use a saline solution to loosen mucus before using a nasal aspirator or having your tot blow his nose.
- Graco 1 Second Ear Thermometer ($17): Getting babies to hold still while mama takes their temperature isn't easy. A digital ear thermometer lets you do it in the blink of an eye!
- Boogie Wipes ($4): Sore, red noses are a thing of the past, ever since these gentle saline wipes hit the market. They offer quick, gentle, effective relief of stuck-on "boogies" — and they smell so good, mama just might end up using them for herself.