Where's the eats? Once baby gets the OK to have more than breast milk or formula, fruit and veggie purees quickly become a household staple to satiate wee appetites. Some tots can consume quite a bit, so we've run the numbers on how much it costs.
- Gerber 1st Foods Applesauce — 16 (2.5-ounce tubs for $10.49) = 26 cents per ounce
- Plum Organics Just Fruit Apples — six (3.17-ounce pouches of $7.29) = 38 cents per ounce
- Ella's Kitchen Organic Baby Food Stage 1 Apples — seven (3.5-ounce pouches for $12.50) = 51 cents per ounce
- Sprout Organic Stage 1 Roasted Apples — 12 (3.5-ounce pouches for $12.99) = 30.9 cents per ounce
- Earth's Best 1st Foods Apples — 12 (2.5-ounce jars for $7.99) = 26.6 cents per ounce
Caring for baby can cost a bundle! Check out all our It Adds Up! coverage.