Back in June 2012, it was Jessica Simpson's flea-market-inspired nursery that made us gush; now, just over a year later, the same can be said about her son Ace's sweet hideaway. Making its debut in the pages of Us Weekly this week, Jessica Simpson debuted a shabby chic nursery designed by Rachel Ashwell. Needless to say, the space is one to covet. While most items tend toward the pricey side, we've found similar pieces to help you replicate this country look on a budget.
Learn how to get the look after the break
- Map banner ($29): Similar to the banner above Ace's bed, this natural canvas has a vintage look — perfect above a crib!
- Star pendant ($253): Like the flea market pieces in Jessica's nursery, this pendant can be used to add an unexpected and eclectic touch.
- Denim pouf ($88): If your space isn't large enough for a denim couch, a pouf is a great way to provide an extra seat or a spot to kick up your feet.
- Rocking bear ($59, originally $70): No little guy's nursery is complete without a few toys. This rocking bear will let his imagination soar!
- Red chair ($550): A relaxed chair is perfect for cuddling and keeps with the room's "traditional, country look."
- Blue and white stripe fabric ($7 per yard): For window coverings similar to those in Jessica's home, choose a classic, cotton fabric.
- Racing car ($72): Charming toys like this race car add to the overall "all-American" look found in the room.
- Herringbone rug ($110): For softness and texture (especially in a room with wood floors), add a soft rug for playtime.
- Letter pillow ($98): This initial pillow adds a personal touch and would make a great gift for an expecting mama.
- Ruffle pillow ($60): Incorporate a few shabby chic pillows like this one to add a comfy touch.
- Crib ($162): Instead of a white crib, choose a dark finish for a traditional feel.