- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake or sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 8 ounces round steak, rump steak, or sirloin cut into strips
- 8 ounces pasta twirls
- 1 medium carrot. Peeled and sliced or cut into stars
- 6 ounces new potatoes
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ½ chicken stock cube, dissolved in 6 tablespoons boiling water
- ½ teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the beef strips for at least 20 minutes. Cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water according to the instructions on the package, drain, set aside, and keep warm. Steam the carrot, potatoes, and green beans for about 6 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the beef for 3 minutes. Take out the beef and set aside. In the same pan, heat the remaining 2 table-spoons oil and sauté the garlic and onion for 3 minutes. Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce. Add the red pepper to the onion and cook for 2 minutes, cut the potatoes into slices, and ad these tighter with the carrot, green beans, and beef and season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the sauce and cooked pasta and cook for 2 minutes.
- You can marinate foods in plastic bags instead of bowls that you have to wash up.
- Be sure you flip the bag from time to time to make sure everything gets a good soak.
Makes 4-5 servings
- Main Dishes, Beef