- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 lemon wedges
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish; place eggs in another shallow dish. Rinse fillets; pat dry with paper towels. Dip fillets in egg; dredge in panko mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add half of fillets to pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Wipe pan with paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and fillets. Serve with lemon wedges.
Serves 4 (serving size: 1 fillet and 2 lemon wedges)
Hands-On Time: 9 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes
- Main Dishes, Fish