There's never a shortage of news in the parenting world — from differing parenting styles to new studies and beyond. But there are only so many hours in the day, and we can't cover every story that catches our eyes. Take a look at the seven stories you may have missed this week but need to read.
- We all know that kids can be quite the noisemakers, but should their rambunctious personalities get them banned from restaurants and airlines? Various establishments around the world have implemented "no kid" policies, so patrons can enjoy a more peaceful atmosphere. Think this trend will make its way to the US?
- Back-to-school season means a lot of things for moms — buying school supplies, packing lunches, and finally being able to tackle some things you can't do with the kids in tow. The women behind WhatsUpMoms have a very interesting way of celebrating their newfound freedom. Can you relate?
- Do you put even the tiniest pressure on your tot to be perfect? Well, you may want to stop. Studies suggest when parents expect perfection, they limit their child's ability to grow and discover themselves. Make sure to follow these tips to help your child be the best — not necessarily perfect — version of themselves.
- Ben Kallos is about to make the fast-food industry (and probably thousands of children) very unhappy. The New York City councilman introduced a legislation that would take the toys out of children's meals, in hopes that kids would be less tempted to ask for the high-calorie options. Do you think the law should pass?
- When Angela Peters told New Jersey school officials that her daughter Rachel, who until last year was a boy, would start the new school year as woman, they said they wouldn't allow her back. Angry and worried for her daughter, Angela fought for Rachel's right to attend school — and more importantly, live her life — as whatever gender she wanted. And lucky for them, they won!
- We've heard of babies being mixed up at the hospital, but what about grown children at an airport? Delta Air Lines recently released a 7-year-old girl to the wrong adult after her flight landed. But that's not even the worst part of the story.
- Think no one understands pregnancy except for moms? Think again! These photos prove that certain furry felines know just what moms-to-be are going through for nine months.