Kids don't expect a dozen roses and an enormous box of chocolates for Valentine's Day, but they do appreciate even the smallest of festive gestures. So put a little extra heart into the upcoming holiday with one of these simple goodies.
- Keep their homework tidy and together with a homemade heart paper clip.
- Pour pancakes on the griddle or scrambled eggs into a skillet using a heart cookie cutter.
- Tuck a handmade Valentine in your child's lunch box for a mid-day surprise.
- For a fancy ice cream sandwich, press strawberry ice cream between two store bought Valentine cookies or make a homemade version.
- Make spaghetti and meatballs memorable, by scooping and serving the long noodles in a nested heart shape.
- Toss some festive bubble confetti in their bath water.