- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, cored and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded queso fresco
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and tomatoes and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent and the tomatoes have released their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, scramble the eggs until they’re cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cheddar cheese and continue to stir until it is melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the scallions and cilantro. Divide the eggs among four plates, sprinkle with queso fresco, and serve.
- Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch