We're excited to bring you a new post from mother and actress Tori Spelling! Every other week, we bring you the best parenting and lifestyle advice from ediTORIal by Tori Spelling, Tori's daily blog about everything from food and fashion to parenting and relationships. This week, Tori shares a fun Winter cookie recipe.
What’s more appropriate for holidays than a melting snowman cookie? I had seen these cookies all over Pinterest and thought the idea looked supercute and one that the kids would absolutely love. I decided to make these festive treats for Stella’s class holiday party, and I must say, they were a big hit!
Related: The McDermott Family New Year's Resolutions
They were supereasy to make and turned out exactly as I had imagined. Here’s what you’ll need to make your own melting snowmen.
More great reads from ToriSpelling.com:
Cooking Bender: What to Do When the Whole Family Gets Sick
Momvo: When Your Kids Ask About Santa
My Fave Childhood Holiday Tradition
Momista: Time-Saving Tricks For Busy Mamas
Keep reading for Tori's yummy recipe!
- Large Marshmallows
- White icing
- Decorating Icing tubes in black, orange, and green (Wilton makes great ones)
- Hershey’s Hugs and candy canes for decorating
- Sugar cookies (I made homemade sugar cookie dough, but you can use premade sugar cookie dough from the grocery store. Just remember to make each cookie into what looks like a misshaped puddle by flattening it in your hand)
- Bake sugar cookies and let them cool.
- Once the cookies are cool, add a layer of white cookie icing (I made homemade royal icing, which I found a recipe for online, but it was tricky to work with and didn’t get as thick as I would have liked), and spread it around the cookie (hint: you should let some icing go over the edge of the cookie so it looks like a puddle).
- Put your marshmallows in the microwave for about 20 seconds, or until they start getting puffy (don’t let them double in size or melt so make sure to watch carefully).
- Grab each marshmallow by the base (I recommend covering your fingers in Crisco to make sure the marshmallows won’t stick to you) and place each one at the top of the frosted cookies (you might want to smush them down a little).
- Decorate your snowmen using the icing tubes. I gave my snowmen green bow ties (in honor of Liam), red and white hats (using the Hershey’s Hugs), button-down shirts, and sticklike arms.
- Desserts, Cookies