A crib may be the centerpiece of the nursery, but when space and money are an issue, a sleigh crib isn't an option. With much of the nation still uncomfortable with where this recession will take them, many expectant families are postponing moves to new abodes and planning on their tots double or triple bunking. For those mamas looking for a way to fit an additional sleeping space in a room, these mini – or portable – cribs may be the way to go.
- The Dream on Me Folding Two-in-One ($140) has two mattress positions, making it useful as a playpen when tots grow too big for it.
- Stokke's Sleepi™ Mini Crib ($1,000) is a smaller version of its popular full-sized oval crib. Beginning as a bassinet, the Sleepi converts to a crib with four different mattress heights.
- Da Vinci's Alpha Mini Rocking Crib ($190) has traditional crib styling at a fraction of the size.
- The Da Vinci Annabelle Mini Convertible Crib ($230) is a bit more modern than the Alpha version and can be converted into a twin bed for long-term use.
- This Dream on Me Folding Two-in-One ($125) also folds up nicely for easy storage when not in use.
- L.A. Baby's Deluxe Compact Crib ($135) is similar to the ones used by many hotel chains.