Once you've entered the wild world of mommyhood, a strong sense of humor becomes an essential survival tool. And who better to capture the silly side of parenting than great mom comedians? Here are 5 of our favorite quotes on motherhood and kids from some of the funniest moms around.
- Kids are definitely the boss of you...Anyone who will barge into the room while you are on the commode is the boss of you. And when you explain to them that you’re on the commode and that they should leave but they don’t? That’s a high-level boss. -Tina Fey
- Always remember your kid’s name. Always remember where you put your kid. Don’t let your kid drive until their feet can reach the pedals. Use the right size diapers…for yourself. And, when in doubt, make funny faces. -Amy Poehler
- I researched "the teenage brain" and found that their cerebral frontal cortex is not fully formed until they’re twenty-five. So basically I had to accept that I was dealing with four mentally impaired people for the next decade. Mentally impaired people with car keys. Oh the horror!!!!!!!!!!! If I don’t find a way to laugh at it I’ll tear my hair out. -Susie Essman
- Do you know what you call those who use towels and never wash them, eat meals and never do the dishes, sit in rooms they never clean, and are entertained till they drop? If you have just answered, 'A house guest,' you're wrong because I have just described my kids. -Erma Bombeck
- What I have learned so far, is that the Octomom is out of her freaking mind. With two babies we are -- and there’s two of us -- we are pulling our hair out. We’re loving every minute of it. It is truly a blessing. But I’m going to be tired for the rest of my life. When you’re up at 3 o’clock in the morning and they pee on you, you just have to smile. -Wanda Sykes