Having kids and a career is a juggle and a struggle for moms who try and split their time and attention between the two. When a woman dies is she remembered more for having had a career or children? We asked our Facebook fans and Twitter followers. Here's what they had to say.
- "That depends on the person! We won't remember most celebrities for their motherhood when they die." — Darlene C.
- "I would say both." — @faziladini
- "She is remembered for being a good role model. Works either way." — Janet M.
- "I will always remember the sweetness in my wife's eyes and what we were to one another before children, before careers." — Corey Wing
- "Depends on who is doing the remembering." — @TxTerriSweeps
- "Mother." — @urmariposa
- "It depends on who is remembering and where that person fit into her life. I remember my mom as a mother. She worked too, but she'll always be mom even though she's gone. For her co-workers, I'm guessing they remember her more for her career and what she was like to work with. Either way, she was a wonderful woman to everyone." — Karla D.
- "Maybe celebrities are known for their contribution, but the rest of us for mothering. Good or bad (grimace)." — Pam B.
- "I remember a great woman in my life-my Grandmother-for having done both-she had six children and worked by herself to raise them...it's strength that is remembered while playing either role." — Pilar M.