When was the last time you took time for yourself in the morning? We partnered with Jimmy Dean to bring you a fast and simple routine that'll have you refreshed and ready to take on the day ahead.
For moms, mornings can be the most hectic time of day. Between getting your whole crew up and ready to go, who has time to do anything for themselves? This fast and simple routine is the solution, and it'll set you up for a productive day. The key is to wake up before your kiddos and follow step by step.
- 1 minute: Hit snooze. Just close your eyes and enjoy the silence for a minute. It's likely you won't get this opportunity again for the rest of the day.
- 30 seconds: Do a few stretches in bed to get your blood flowing and loosen up any tension. You'll feel relaxed and instantly more awake.
- 1 minute: Turn on an upbeat song and sing along as you make your way to the bathroom to brush your teeth. Singing releases endorphins, which naturally elevate your mood and energize your body.
- 30 seconds: Get yourself moving. You only have a short burst of solo time before you need to wake up the kids (if they haven't woken up already!). Run in place, do some jumping jacks, or even plank.
- 2 minutes: Make coffee and prep a protein-filled breakfast to fuel you up until lunchtime. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't have to take you tons of time.
Five minutes may seem like an insignificant amount of time to get you going and elevate your mood, but a little me time can feel downright luxurious with a hectic day ahead. Try following this routine religiously for a week or two and see the difference it makes. You'll wonder why you haven't been doing it all along!
More From Jimmy Dean