An elementary school is being investigated by police after the sudden death of a seven-year-old student on Monday.
Ammaria Johnson, a first grade student at Hopkins Elementary School in Chesterfield County, Virginia, died after suffering a severe allergic reaction to peanuts on the first day back after the holidays. Emergency crews responded to Hopkins Elementary but the little girl was already in cardiac arrest when they arrived.
Ammaria's death has raised questions about how prepared schools are to handle severe allergy reactions.
Has your child's school ever had to deal with an allergy-related emergency?