Summer and early Fall are a great time for kids to spend time in nature. But parents need to be careful that no one picks up the sap oil urushiol from plants like poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. The oil can cause an allergic reaction — in the form of a red, itchy, puffy, weepy, or blistering rash — and can easily be transferred from kid to kid easily, as well as via clothes, outdoor gear, and even pet fur, according to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention. Even after the initial exposure, the allergen can be persistent, and parents and children might find themselves desperate for relief. So to help soothe the aftereffects, we’ve rounded up nine remedies suggested by Circle of Moms members whose kids have previously come into contact with the poisonous plants.
Soothe That Itch: 9 Poison Ivy Remedies
Source: Flickr user ZeNeeceC
Around The Web
From Our Partners