I love any food that allows kids to add their own personality, and smoothies are the perfect base for letting them get creative. This is my son Charlie's favorite (I think it's because it's pink!). The yogurt gives it a dose of calcium. Be sure to use frozen fruit — it eliminates the need for ice.
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup plain 2 percent reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Place all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
Amanda Haas is a cookbook author, cooking video host, and the founder of One Family One Meal, a website that helps families menu plan, grocery shop, and cook on a budget. Her cookbook, Real Family Food, features this and other delicious family-friendly recipes, as well as simple tips for bringing your family together around the table and a strategy for meal planning, budgeting, and shopping.
- Snacks, Kids
- North American
- 2 servings