Red, White, and Blue Cake Push-Ups
Cupcakes are fun, but pushing one up with a stick is more fun! The latest cake craze appears to be cake push-ups, and they are easy to create and delicious to enjoy. For Fourth of July celebrations:
- Take your standard white cake recipe, and make the batter according to the directions.
- Divide the batter into two bowls. Dye one bowl red (using food dyes or natural dyes, such as fruit juices) and the other blue.
- Bake according to the instructions.
- Once the cakes have cooled, use the push-up pop cones to push circles into the cakes (this ensures the cake can easily be placed in the tube).
- Place one red circle in the tube, layer on a lot of icing, and place one blue layer on top.
- Finish it off with a thin layer of icing and cover with sprinkles of your choosing.