Serves 4 to 6.
- 2 Cups Pasta (I used macaroni, but you could also use rotini, faralle or bite size pasta)
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock (I use low sodium stock)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheese ( I use a 3 cheese blend of cheddar, mozzarella and monterey jack)
- * Option: You can also add a cup of finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, butternut squash or frozen peas. Do so in step #2.
1. Place the first 3 ingredients in the rice cooker and cook for 15 minutes.
2. Open the lid, add the milk and cheese, stir to combine, close the lid and cook for an additional 20 minutes (25 minutes if you want it to have a crust on the bottom).
*Rice cookers can cook at different heats, so make sure to check the mac & cheese after if cooks for 30 minutes once or twice.
- Pasta, Main Dishes