- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup homemade bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the ground beef and breadcrumbs together with your hands and place in a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Dice into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 225°F.
- Place 10 slices whole-grain bread, cubed, on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, turn the bread over, and continue baking for another 5 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool completely and then grind it in your food processor.
- Main Dishes, Beef