Ever since Jack Sparrow entered the hearts and minds of lil ones everywhere (and face it — their mamas, too), we've all been sprinkling some pirate lexicon into our daily language. That makes today, International Talk Like a Pirate Day that much more fun for everyone. With an "ahoy" here and a "lubber" there, everyone can get in on the festivities. Not sure where to start? Visit the English to Pirate translator for a few ideas. Want to encourage more pirate tendencies? Check out a few more ways to bring the swashbuckling home.
- Add some pirate booty to your lil one's bedroom.
- Download some pirate-themed apps, like Penelope the Purple Pirate to your iPad.
- If the sky's the limit, a pirate ship bed is the way to go!
- Throw your tots a pirate-themed party filled with eye patches and a pirate ship bouncy house.
- Lil mates will love to read about modern pirates, like the Pirate of Kindergarten.
- Fill their toy boxes with costumes, toys, and playhouses that encourage them to continue their pirate tendencies.
- Get them started with a few catchphrases from the characters of Jake and the Neverland Pirates courtesy of the video below!