Babies are such amazing little creatures. They're born with the instinctive ability to root, to suck and to throw their limbs forward when startled. They're also born understanding how to royally screw with their parents. Sometimes they even seem to enjoy it. Here are just a few examples of how our babies like to mess with us:
- Waking from a nap the moment you sit down to eat dinner.
- Spitting up all over you that one day you showered and put on a real shirt. Bonus points for spitting up in your hair when it's clean and unprotected by a pony tail.
- Destroying exactly one more outfit than the number of spare outfits you packed in the diaper bag.
- Wailing inconsolably for so long that you're certain it's colic or the croup or worse when all of a sudden BURRRRP and they're smiling again.
- Snoozing through a jackhammer, loud rock music and the door slamming, but waking up when you sneeze. You only have yourself to blame.
- Dozing off for five minutes and believing that constitutes an afternoon nap.
- Suddenly sleeping for six hours in a row, causing you to stay up all night to make sure they're still breathing.
Keep reading at Lifetime Moms . . .