Every father has the potential to have a lasting impact on his son's life from the very first day he is born. From what a dad directly teaches his little boy to everything this child observes and takes note of, this male role model is one of the most important for a boy.
If a dad utilizes the opportunity to be a positive force in his son's life, he's aware of the influence he has in shaping this child. As men work to grow that important relationship between father and son, there are certain lessons they should try to impart in their child that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.
These are the 23 things male role models should keep in mind and teach their boys.
- How to be vulnerable.
- How to handle stress.
- How to be a partner.
- The different ways of showing someone love.
- That it's OK to cry.
- The importance of strength.
- That mental strength is just as important as physical strength.
- How to be a role model.
- How to both lead and follow.
- How to discover new passions.
- How to handle failure.
- How to stand up for himself.
- How to face his fears.
- How to put the interests of others before his own.
- How to think outside the box.
- How to be a good sport.
- How to be resilient.
- How to love himself.
- The importance of keeping his promises.
- What it means to be a gentleman.
- How to be independent.
- How to handle adversity.
- How to earn respect and trust.