- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- sliced almonds
- grape tomatoes, cut into slices
- Zucchini, cut into thin strips
- Low-fat sour cream
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, milk, eggs, oil, and salt. Beat with a wire whisk or electric mixer until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 8-inch skillet over medium heat; remove from heat. Spoon 3 tablespoons batter into skillet; lift and tilt skillet to evenly coat skillet. Return to heat. When lightly browned on bottom, remove crepe from skillet, flipping it onto a paper towel. Repeat with remaining batter to make 4 crepes total, placing a paper towel between the cooked crepes. Cover with plastic wrap to keep moist.
Choose your desired filling. Spoon one-fourth of the filling down the center of a crepe, placing more filling at one end.
- Cheese Filling: In a large skillet, heat 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth over medium-high heat. Add 1/3 cup chopped onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add 2 cups fresh spinach or 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed, to skillet. Cook about 2 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese and 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Chicken and Mushroom Filling: In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms. Cook and stir until browned. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken. Cook and stir until heated through. Stir in 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese. Stir until melted.
Roll up crepe and place on plate. Decorate outside of crepe with almond slices, grape tomatoes, zucchini, and sour cream to make tiki faces. Repeat with remaining crepes and filling.
Makes 4 crepes.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Crepes