- I’ve included no measurements, because this one is all to taste. Depends on how garlicky or buttery you want it!!
- Garlic, crushed
- Dried basil
- Chopped Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, melt butter and combine with crushed garlic, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Slice a French bread loaf lengthwise, giving you two halves.
- On a parchment paper lined baking pan or cookie sheet, place the two halves and — my trick . . . wait for it . . . — with a knife, spread a thick layer of mayo. Trust me!
- Then brush on the garlic/butter mixture thickly until you see the mixture start to soak through the bread.
- Put under the broiler for 4 to 8 minutes. Everyone's broiler is different, so this is approximate.
- Side Dishes, Breads