We're excited to bring you a new post from mother and actress Tori Spelling! Every other week we're bringing you the best parenting and lifestyle advice from ediTORIal by Tori Spelling, which is Tori's daily blog about everything from food and fashion to parenting and relationships. This week, Tori helps mamas hone their holiday style with some boho-chic style ideas.
Today I'm bringing you another hot holiday trend — boho chic! Let’s be honest, the '70s never really went away. If you are a vintage collector (like me) or if you just never threw away your (or your mama’s) '70s duds (hello, fellow fashion hoarders!), you can pull these looks straight from your own closet. Today’s boho chic holiday ensemble includes a (faux) fur coat, pussy-bow blouse, wide-leg pants, floppy hat, velvet burnout sweaters/accessories, and my ultimate favorite – vintage jewelry!
Not only is this look beyond glam, you can rock these separates throughout the year.
- That luxe faux fur coat is from affordable British store Topshop, or you can raid your fave vintage store to find a look-alike.
- A classic boho combo is a pussy-bow blouse and wide-leg pant. Taupe is the color of the season — whether on your nails or your shoes — it’s everywhere.
- Try accessorizing it with a pop of color like the emerald green striped clutch by Edie Parker, pictured above.
- This outfit has plenty of punch, so just to give it an added sparkle, I recommend dainty accessories. Pictured above is a Dana Rebecca necklace and Marc Jacobs’s bracelet. The sexy allure to this ensemble is that you are essentially covered up — chic and perfect for cold weather. Pin your hair back to highlight your best asset!
Keep reading for Tori Spelling's nighttime boho style tips!
- Take this look to your next holiday party by pairing a vintage lace top with a full black skirt.
- What better way to stay warm than with a jewel-toned velvet burnout shrug?
- Keeping with the holiday theme, top off your look with fabulous purple-hued earrings and an ombré wedge. I recommend wearing opaque tights – it works with a jewel tone (burgundy or deep purple) or solid black.
- Let’s not forget the ultimate accessory for every boho fashionista: the vintage-inspired tassel necklace and velvet coin purse.
For great deals on the styles we discussed here, check out Net-a-Porter's new designer discount site Outnet.
How would you rock your fave '70s pieces for the holidays?