Whether by planes, trains or automobiles, traveling families have their work cut out for them. In addition to carrying all the essentials, parents must consider entertainment and comfort before jetting off to their oasis. Make for a pleasant trip and avoid any Griswoldesque disasters by heeding some pointers from a well traveled mama.
- Pack an easily accessible carry-all bag that can endure 24-hours of travel. Include: diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, hand sanitizer, water, snacks and a change of clothes.
- If flying, have the tot wear easily removable shoes and jackets as they have to deal with TSA just like us!
To see the rest of the tips,
- Bring some fun along: travel versions of board games, Crayons and paper, books, a DVD player, an iTouch or iPhone, and chewy bright toys for the babes. New ones are especially helpful as they can distract the tot a while longer.
- Bring a special treat or candy for a brewing storm. An M&M for good behavior can go a long way.
- If bringing a car seat along for the adventure, invest in a simple apparatus to help wheel the child along. It will keep mom and dad from lugging the seat on their backs through the terminal.
- Bring as little as possible. Much easier said than done, just remember a sink and some soap can handle some tough messes and make everything new again.
- Carry a small first-aid kit in case of emergencies. Fill it with Tylenol, band-aids, thermometer, motion sickness pills, sunscreen and anti-itch cream.
- Lastly, relax. Kids can pick up on the stress from mom and dad so sit back and enjoy the ride!