- 1/3 c grated Chedar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp cream or milk
- 2 or 3 drops Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
- pepper, to season
- 1 English muffin, split and lightly toasted
- peas, thin slices of carrot or snow peas, 1 black olive (pitted and halved) a few fresh chives and scallion, to garnish
- Preheat the broiler to high. Put the cheese, egg yolk, cream and Worcestershire sace into a bowl and mash together. Season to taste with pepper.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the cut sides of the toasted muffin, spreading right to the edges. Place the cheese-topped muffin halves about 3 inches away from the heat source – don't have them too close, as the egg in the mixture can make them brown very quickly. Broil for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is golden and bubbling.
- Decorate the cooked muffin halves with peas for eyes and strips of carrot or snow peas for ears, half an olive fora nose, chives for whiskers and scallion for teeth.
- Serve immediately.
- Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch