- Lie on the floor, with a folded blanket under your shoulders if necessary. Bend your knees and set your feet to the floor, heels as close to the seat bones as possible.
- Exhale. Pressing your inner feet and arms into the floor, push your tailbone upward, firming and lifting the buttocks off the floor. Keep thighs and inner feet parallel. Clasp hands below your pelvis and extend through the arms to help you stay on your shoulders.
- Lift your buttocks until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Keep your knees directly over your heels, keeping them forward, and lengthen the tailbone toward the backs of the knees.
- Lift your chin slightly away from the sternum, firming the shoulder blades against your back, press the top of the sternum toward the chin. Firm the outer arms, broaden the shoulder blades, and try to lift the space between them at the base of the neck up into the torso.
- Stay in the pose for anywhere from 30 seconds to one minute. Release with an exhalation, rolling the spine slowly into the floor.
Benefits: Achieving hormonal balance, stimulating abdominal organs, and reducing anxiety, fatigue, backache, headache, and insomnia.