Sweeten up breakfast or snack time with this deliciously easy quick bread. The addition of yogurt offers a fresh, tangy flavor and creates a wonderfully delicate bread. Slice and serve with a slathering of your child's favorite jam or enjoy plain as an on-the-go snack. As the bread's name says, it's as quick to make as can be; only a few minutes of mixing are needed to create a flavorful homemade bread that the whole family can enjoy making together.
Click through for the recipe!
- 1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
Dash of salt
1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon sugar for dusting the top of the bread batter
- Preheat your oven to 375F and invite your child to get out a mixing bowl as well as measuring cups and spoons. Measure and add the yogurt, oil, and butter to the bowl and stir.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and dash of salt, as well as the sugar. Stir the batter until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Now measure and add the baking powder and soda, discussing how without these two ingredients the bread wouldn't turn into a tasty treat! They both work together as a leavening agent, causing the batter to rise as it bakes.
- Slowly stir in the flour until it is also incorporated. Lightly grease a loaf pan and add the batter. Invite your child to sprinkle the top of the quick bread with sugar, which creates a sweet crust to the bread.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is brown and cracked. Right when your house starts to smell amazing, you'll know it's almost done.
- Let the bread rest for 20 minutes before slicing — which just might be the hardest step!
- Snacks, Breads