My family always begs for Broccoli Crunch Salad from Whole Foods Market. One day I realized I could make it myself. The results were stellar!
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 6 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 3 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1. Steam broccoli, covered, for 2 minutes. Plunge broccoli into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry.
2. Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients (through pepper) in a large bowl. Add broccoli, currants, onion, and bacon; toss well.
Amanda Haas is a cookbook author, cooking video host, and the founder of One Family One Meal, a website that helps families menu plan, grocery shop, and cook on a budget. Her cookbook, Real Family Food, features this and other delicious family-friendly recipes, as well as simple tips for bringing your family together around the table and a strategy for meal planning, budgeting, and shopping.
- Side Dishes
- North American
- serves 6