Australian-based Qantas has long had a reputation as a family-friendly airline, and it's still living up to its promise.
- The youngest passengers on Qantas planes (those 2 and under) have unlimited baby cereal, milk, powdered formula, wipes, diapers, and baby powder at their disposal — and all tots receive a plush toy upon boarding.
- Kids between the ages of 3-11 can choose from a variety of activity kits, including the "Race Around the World Kit" filled with an activity book, time zone card, deck of cards, coloring pen, and puzzle, and the
Sesame Street Kids Kit with Elmo or Cookie Monster satchel with an activity book, magic slate, coloring pencils, pencil sharpener, and stencil.
- International flights with in-seat screens offer over 50 interactive games, up to eight family movies per month, an extensive range of children's audio books, and plenty of Disney and Nickelodeon shows on the screens.
- In five Qantas terminals within Australia, the airline offers Family Zones with Apple and Sony electronics and Mattel toys.
- The Family Zone extends to some flights as well, where parents can put locks on the entertainment systems.