Secure Your Home
A few extra precautions can minimize any storm-related damage done to your home. Consider the following:
- Board up windows. If you do not have storm shutters, cut 5/8-inch marine plywood to fit your windows.
- Install straps or additional clips to securely fasten your roof to the frame structure.
- Clear rain gutters and downspouts.
- Trim trees and shrubs to make them more wind resistant.
- Bring inside all outdoor furniture and loose fixtures, such as trashcans or lawn decorations.
Source: Flickr user Witty Name