Canine common sense tells you to just say no to cocoa mulch, since cocoa equals chocolate, which equals poison to pets. But what about those of you eco-conscious consumers who compost on a daily basis? As it turns out, then using that waste to grow a garden can be very dangerous to pets! It makes sense as compost can include coffee, moldy food, and rotting versions of already poisonous fruits and veggies, but still holds in that appealing smell to be dug right up again . . . along with your precious plants. Stay safe and stow compost out of paws' reach and noses' range so everything will keep coming up roses!