Whether or not your Thanksgiving Day included turkey, did it include a glimpse at the National Dog Show? I tuned in for most of the action since I love any excuse to see breeds I rarely glimpse out and about around town. While there were no favorites going into the event — unlike Sadie last year — there were plenty of pretty and deserving pooches. Coming out on top was Clooney, a three-year-old Irish Setter. Look at his coat!
If you missed the telecast, see the final run around the ring with the seven group finalists for Best in Show and read more.
Rounding out the semifinalists were:
- Sporting: Irish Setter (Clooney)
- Terrier: American Staffordshire Terrier (Maddy)
- Hound: Scottish Deerhound (Hickory)
- Working: Boxer (Scarlett)
- Toy: Affenpinscher (Joe)
- Non-sporting: Schipperke (Johnny Be Good)
- Herding: Australian Shepherd (Beyonce)