- Buy generic meds at Costco: A recent Consumer Reports survey revealed people can pay up to 447 percent or $749 more on generic medicine at the highest-priced pharmacy, compared to the lowest. Costco had the cheapest prices, while CVS, Rite Aid, and Target had the most expensive prices for generic drugs.
- Clean your carpet: Make your home look like new by deep cleaning your carpet.
- Use a power strip: Get a power strip and try to plug as many electronics as you can into it. That way, it won't be as arduous to individually shut off or unplug each appliance. You can turn them all off with one flick of the switch or unplug the power strip from its outlet to completely stonewall the "vampire" electronics.
- Set up a LinkedIn: By now, you should already have a LinkedIn account and have already been working on juicing it up. Ask former and current co-workers, professors, and students you've worked with in a professional capacity to write a recommendation for you on the professional networking site.
- Use a credit card when buying an engagement ring: Pay with a credit card for better protection. The Fair Credit Billing Act protects credit card transactions. If you run into any problems, make sure you deal with it as soon as possible to qualify for the law's consumer protections.
- Don't use Blu Tack in your rental: Don't use Blu Tack on your walls, because it's actually really hard to get it off if you've been using it for a while.
Image Source: Corbis Images