Black Friday happens the day after Thanksgiving . . . or so you think. In a mad rush to compete against each other, retailers are rolling out deals well ahead of the designated shopping day. It's good news for us consumers, because according to Albert Ko, founder of bargain shopping site DealGuppy, "Many of the deals being released early are actually just as good as the Black Friday and Cyber Monday specials, if not better."
Here is a list of early Black Friday sales to check out:
- Amazon: The etailer launched its annual Countdown to Black Friday specials and is holding a special pre-Black Friday sale this Sunday, Nov. 24.
- Best Buy: Best Buy is offering great deals on major appliances. It also offers free home delivery.
- Kohl's: Up to 60 percent off items in stores and online today and tomorrow. The Friday, Nov. 22, online sale ends at midnight. Friday, Nov. 22, store sale hours are 3 p.m. to closing. Saturday, Nov. 23, online sale runs from 12 a.m. to 3 p.m., and store sale hours last until 1 p.m.
- Home Depot: The retailer is holding its "Get Black Friday Prices Now" sale. It began its promotion Nov. 10 and is holding it while supplies last.
- PacSun: Use the code SAVEMORE to get 20 percent off a $50 purchase, 25 percent off a $75 purchase, or 30 percent off a $100 purchase.
- Sears: Get Black Friday doorbusters tonight online at 7 p.m. CST. Sale ends tomorrow at midnight. Quantities are limited.
- Staples: The pre-Black Friday sale starts this Sunday. Staples will also match any competitor with an online and retail store, including Amazon.
- Toys "R" Us: Take advantage of its two-day online sale starting today until midnight and tomorrow from 8 a.m. to midnight. In-store sale starts today at 9 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. tomorrow.
- Walmart: Walmart has started its pre-Black Friday sales online. So far, it has about 200 items listed. There is free shipping on almost all items.