If your banking experience so far hasn't exactly been a day at the beach, it might be because you’re working with the wrong bank. I understand there are lots of options out there (there are at least eight different banks located just around the corner from Sugar HQ!) but that's no reason to stay in a bad-banking relationship.
You should definitely expect friendly service and a handful of perks from your bank in exchange for your business, but what kind of perks should you expect?
Our friends at WaMu have come through for us with a checklist of features you should look for in choosing a bank that meets your needs. I suggest you compare the points on the list to the bank you're currently using. Is your bank really the best for you?
- Is there free checking and easy to use online checking or savings accounts?
- How many fees do they charge?
- Do you have to pay for checks?
- Do you have to pay to use ATMs?
- Does the bank offer other helpful services such as Identity Theft protection?
- Do they have fee waiver options?
Thank you to WaMu for sponsoring this post.
Total Deposits at Washington Mutual are FDIC insured.