Planning on blowing all your money on a fabulously expensive Halloween costume? Get back on the savvy saving track by enacting some little changes to your weekend routine. If you follow these simple tips you'll be a budgeting queen in no time. So go on, have fun and save money at the same time!
- Shop at a warehouse club — Make a list of items you need around the house and buy them in bulk at a warehouse store. You'll save money by stocking up, and a list will help you stay away from impulse buys.
- DIY time— Cooking your own food, making minor repairs around the house, or mending that loose button can all save dollars. If you don't know how to do something, queue up some YouTube videos or enlist a crafty friend to help you learn.
- Carry cash only — You'll be less tempted to shell out for everything you want if you know you have a limited budget to stick to.
To see the rest of my tips, just read more.
- Translate prices into hours worked — Take the time to break down your salary, after taxes, to an hourly rate, and keep that number in mind when you go shopping. Calculating the cost of something by number of hours worked helps you discern whether or not it's is worth it.
- Take advantage of your memberships — Instead of going to a movie, why don't you watch that Netflix that's been sitting there for a while? Or visit the museum that you joined months ago? When you use memberships you already have, you'll be able to have fun on the cheap.
Source: Flickr User lisaclarke