Life will get easier if you follow these hacks cited by Business Insider.
Cheat codes are secret combinations that unlock special abilities in video games.
Reddit users have compiled a long list of "real-life cheats" that can help you navigate the mall, the bar, Macy's and everywhere else.
We've picked out our favorites and are sharing them here.
- If you need to withdraw more than your limit, sometimes you can withdraw twice from the same ATM or the one next to it before the bank stops you.
- When you're talking to someone, cross your arms to check if they're listening. If they cross theirs as well, they truly are.
- If you have crushing chest pain, call 911 first. Then chew some aspirin. I work in cardiology.
- Check the pump icon on a car's dashboard to figure out which side the gas tank is on. The pump handle (on the icon) will be on the same side as the tank.
Read on for more.
- Stop forgetting stuff in the morning by sticking it in your shoes.
- To stop a sneeze, tickle the roof of your mouth with your tongue.
- Give yourself a half hour of downtime in the morning. Your day won't feel rushed.
- When shopping online, Google the promo codes before making a purchase. You can get anything, from free shipping to 25 percent off.
- If your credit card's magnetic stripe gets worn out, try the plastic bag trick. Put the card in a plastic grocery bag, then swipe it. Not sure why it works, but it does.
- Shut the f*** up. Wait for the lawyer.
- Buy things out of season to save more money. Unless it's food, then buy it in-season.
- Turn it off, then on again.
- If you lose your wallet, put a hold on your credit cards. Don't cancel: Placing a hold will keep the red mark from appearing on your credit report.
- When you spill liquid and stain your carpet, pour some salt on it. Rub it in with your hands, leave it there a few hours (or days if it's really bad) and then vacuum it out.
- Riding a bicycle will save you tons of money on gas, parking, medical bills and the gym.
- When you feel the urge to drink or smoke, go for a run, do 20 sit ups, 20 push ups, etc. You'll start to associate quitting the habit with being fit.
- Peel a banana from the bottom.
- To get through tech support quickly with an ISP, choose the option for becoming a new customer. Then ask to transfer to tech support.
- Can't find your car and keep hitting the lock button to get it to beep? Extend the distance of key-less entry by putting the key under your chin. The signal will resonate in your skull, increasing the range dramatically.
- Macy's credit cards usually have a 20 percent discount on purchases. I pay with the Macy's card, then immediately pay off the charge with my debit card. I just got 20 percent off my purchase and I never get a credit card bill.
- When you park in a large parking garage, take a photo of the nearest sign (Area B2, etc) to help you remember the spot.
- Before you comment on something, re-read it twice, then ask yourself what you're trying to accomplish.
- When you finish showering, use your hand as a squeegee to get excess water off your body.
- When you go to a restaurant and order a drink, ask for no ice or ice on the side. You'll get a lot more in your cup, especially at bars.
- At the bar, sprinkle some salt on your napkin coaster so your beer doesn't stick to it.
— Jill Krasny
Check out these smart stories from Business Insider:
Source: Etsy User rawartletterpress