We've kicked off a 40-day Savvy Savings Challenge in the SavvySugar Community with the hopes of helping one another make smarter choices and build our piggy banks. I've committed to forgo all unnecessary spending — most notably I won't be driving to work for convenience or clothes shopping — for all of Lent. I've invited you all to join in the savings group and make your own sacrifices and am thrilled by your dedication and goals! What indulgences are fellow Sugar friends giving up in an effort to save a bundle and improve their lives in meaningful ways?
- HannahNicole is giving up her delicious, but pricey fro-yo addiction.
- lmwilliams2009 won't be logging on to Facebook for a while.
- Lauren is giving up the latte.
- a1stbornunicorn is also staying out of Starbucks.
- Angelica is going to attempt brown bagging it for 40 days.
- PartySugar hopes to rid herself of negative thoughts.
It's never too late to start saving! Cheer on the savers by leaving comments on their challenge posts and jump on our budget and mood boosting effort and cut your most harmful and indulgent habits for the next 40 days! Join the Savvy Savings Challenge and share what you plan, then update the group daily or weekly with your pitfalls and success stories. The community and I will be your personal finance trainers!